Kids’ Catch it, Kill it, Eat it Experience
This is the ultimate experience for any child who loves the idea of catching their own meat and cooking it over an open fire. Join us with your child to experience the whole process: ferreting with nets for rabbits, humane dispatch, skinning and cooking them over a camp fire.
Price: £100 per child with an accompanying adult
About Country Kids: The concept is simple – to allow parents and children an opportunity to experience a range of wholesome and engaging rural activities together under the guidance of an expert. The focus is on the children, with parents alongside to assist and join in the fun with their own kids.
Duration: Full Day Experience – 6 to 7 hours
- Brief discussion around catching, killing etc
- Introduction to ferreting i.e. ferret handling, nets etc
- Drink and homemade cake
- Morning’s ferreting for wild rabbits
- Home cooked Lunch
- Rabbit Skinning and basic jointing
- Preparing marinades
- Cooking rabbit over open fire
N.B. We cannot guarantee that rabbits will be caught. Spare rabbits will be available for skinning etc if needed
Maximum Number of Children: 3 children with accompanying adults
Age: Children must be able to use a sharp knife and have sufficient strength for skinning, therefore the recommended age is 10 and above, but this experience may be suited to certain younger children
- Saturday 15th December 2018
- Sunday 16th December 2018 (FULL)
- Saturday 7th December 2019
- Sunday 8th December 2019 (FULL)
If you are interested in this experience for children click here to contact us about booking or just for more information.