Advanced Hedge Laying
This two day course is designed for those who are interested in honing their hedge laying skills or a intending to start hedge laying professionally.
Please Note you must have completed the standard two day hedge laying course to attend this advanced course.
The advanced two-day course builds on the standard hedge laying course and is specifically designed to provide essential knowledge and practical skills to those who wish to work professionally as hedge layers or generaly increase their skills.
Hedge laying is once again being recognised as an essential form of hedge management and is being encouraged through funding and grant schemes to restore hedges and improve habitats. Currently there are not enough hedge layers to meet demand, so it is an exciting time to consider becoming a professional.
Michael has been practicing this craft for over 20 years and is highly skilled in creating beautiful, functional and well laid hedges that increase biodiversity and beneficial habitat.
Price: Early bird £220/ Full price £250
Two day hedge laying course includes:
- Assessing and pricing hedges
- Fundraising and grant schemes
- Hedge laying in combination with hedge coppicing and planting for restoration
- Certificates and insurance
- Waste disposal
- Assessing coppice for provision of materials
- Health and safety and working alone
- Advanced techniques for quick efficient coppicing and processing materials
- Hands on Coppicing
- Hands on processing of materials
- Advanced hedge laying techniques using a chainsaw
- Hands on hedge laying with supervision and guidance.
Age: This course is suitable for adults only
- Two-day course 9th/10th March 2024 10am – 5 pm daily
Please use the link below for secure online booking and further information:
Be sure to familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions here before booking. All bookings constitute an agreement to these conditions.