Charcuterie Skills – Food Smoking & Curing
Of all the culinary skills, smoking and home curing must be amongst the most satisfying. Learn the fundamentals of the craft whilst getting hands on with cold smoking, hot smoking and meat curing all in a single day.
This full day hands-on workshop is run by self-sufficiency and wild food expert Michael White.
Learn how to preserve and create your own delicious cured fish and meats with simple methods that you can re-create in your own kitchen.
Make salami, biltong, smoked fish and more in a single day.
You will have a full day of guided expert instruction and go home with your own smoker and a generous portion of cured meats and fish. Michael also supplies a print out of the recipes covered on the day.
A delicious hot-smoked fish and homemade lunch is provided.
Price: Early bird £135 /Full price £160
A day course includes:
- Discussion around the principles/theory of cold and hot smoking and meat curing
- Brining whitefish
- Assembling and operating a simple cold smoker
- Cold smoking whitefish
- Preparing and hot smoking salmon fillets
- Homemade lunch including salmon smoked during the morning
- Creating wild pigeon or beef biltong
- Creating salami
- Simple cold smoker, smoked whitefish, salami and biltong to take home
- Full instructions for maturing salami and biltong at home
- Saturday 6th April 2024
- Sunday 7th April 2024
- Saturday 30th November 2024
- Sunday 1st December 2024
Please use the link below for secure online booking and further information:
Be sure to familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions here before booking. All bookings constitute an agreement to these conditions.